And then I took a long overdue nap. Sheesh, not sure I can keep up with my girl Supi. I don't know where she gets the energy. I mean, she has two little rugrats running around, a dog and a cat. Not to mention a husband. It's just me and I'm worn TF out!
Not to mention I'm under a lot of stress. My simdays are only so long and while I'm in the career I agreed to be "Critic", I still have to get cracking on becoming an author. I'm also supposed to throw a couple of parties that end in Gold. I'm supposed to find a man and get knocked up FIVE times. Talk about pressure.
Yes, I'm one of those sims that prefers to wash their dishes in the bathroom sink. Don't ask me why, I just do.
Well, well, well, guess who text me and asked to show me around the "Romance Festival." Of course I said yes. I figure either way it's a win-win. If things go nowhere between Jay and I, just think of all the potential suitors that'll be at the festival. Yeah, I've def got to look cute.
As soon as we arrived at the festival, one of Jay's buddies accosted him. The guy was going on and on about something that didn't interest me so I took in my surroundings instead. Whoa a lot of people turned out for this thing. I heard they come around every so often, so I'm kind of surprised at the number of people.
And what's this? There's a karaoke bar right beside the festival. Hmm, I don't want to interrupt Jay and his buddy. So maybe I'll check this place out for a minute.
"Be right back babe."
"Sure, sure. I'm gonna knock out a few reps before I walk around for a bit."
Have I mentioned that I love how into his physique he is? Reminds me of myself.
As soon as I opened the door, I heard the smooth sounds of a baritone voice.
Are you kidding me?
For a minute, I couldn't help but be pulled in to Brian's melodic voice. He was singing about love and had me swooning. Wow, he's not bad looking and has a great singing voice. Ugh but I remember that cackle he has.
I'm glad Jay was still outside cause I didn't want to embarrass myself. I'm really not sure how I should feel right now. I'm really attracted to Jay. We have great conversation and a strong attraction to one another. But Brian has me looking at him in a different light.
When the song ended, I felt like I was freed from my trance. I started clapping with the other tens of people that were in the place. As soon as he put the mic down, Brian let out a thunderous laugh that ended with that sickening cackle. I rolled my eyes and turned on my heel to head to the bar.
Welp that didn't last long. Time for a drink. "Bartender."
"Oh hey! Aren't you 'Kayla?"
Who the...."And you are?" I didn't recognize the high sadity looking chic coming toward me.
I guess the blank stare I gave her let her know her name meant nothing to me.
"Oh I guess Jay didn't tell you about me. I'm one of his roommates."
Roommates?
"Hey Jamie, can I get a spritzer. Gotta watch my figure, right girl?"
I gave her a side eye and turned back to the bartender. "You're still making my Ridgeport, right?" Ole girl managed to give me a bowl of chips but still hadn't made my drink and I'd be damned if she made Ms. Priss' drink first.
"Of course sweetie."
"This your first time to the Romance Festival?" The pretty girl with the sickeningly sweet voice asked.
"Yeah it is. Jay thought I'd like it."
Zoe turned to face me on her stool. "And do you?"
"I haven't really checked it out. I came in here first."
"Did Bry's voice call to you too? It felt like time stood still when he was singing. I swear he was singing for me." The girl giggled and I had to keep my chips down. Saccharine much?!
**Meanwhile Brian was outside letting off some steam. Something's wrong with this fella.**
I don't know why that Zoe girl felt the need to introduce herself to me. But I was glad to learn a little more about Jay. Hmmm, roommates. She didn't say how many but she did say she was one of them. Geesh. He's got to be about my age and he hasn't gotten out of college boy mode? I wonder if any of their other roommates were chics. Hmph.
I turned to watch her belt out a few notes. Eh, she's alright I guess. I wonder if that's how Jay likes his girls. Bougie. Cause that certainly ain't me.
Speaking of Jay....I wonder what he's up to.
**While Mikayla is inside finishing her drink, Jay is outside admiring the art work and doing a little two step to the music. He had no idea that Zoe was inside with Mikayla.**
"See ya later 'Kayla!" Zoe interrupted the song playing on the karaoke machine.
"Later." Something tells me I'm not going to like this heifer. Let me go find this boy.
**While Mikayla was headed out to the festival, Jay had somehow made his way behind the bar and cleaned up the mess Brian had made. I have no clue what that's about. It's not like he has the neat trait.**
I don't want to make it so obvious that I'm looking for Jay. No need to make him or anyone else (you included dear reader) think I'm desperate, cause I'm not. So I'll check out this Sakura tea I've been hearing about. It's only served at these Romance Festivals and supposedly helps put sims in the mood for romance. See these two over here are flirting away.
Who knows maybe it'll help me loosen up a bit. Maybe I'll even find the one, as Jay likes to tease. Aww that's so sweet that he surprised her with a rose. That's the kind of romance I want. Consideration. That's all I ask. Is that too much? For instance, where's my date? Hmph.
Is this stuff glowing? Wait are these sims behind me glowing? What the hey is in this stuff?
He sure seems to be enjoying his glass of Sakura tea. I might as well just go for it. What's the worst that can happen, hmm?
'Sniff, sniff' It smells sweet, kind of like sweet tea. 'Slurp' "Mmmm, this is pretty good."
"Sure is. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside too."
That guy was right, I do feel warm and fuzzy inside. Things are starting to tingle...."Wooh! Who's in the mood for love?!" I couldn't help but toss some rose petals in the air. Where did those come from? Who cares? Where in the Simverse is Jay at?
I headed back to the bar and guess who was there. Hmph, I don't see that trollup around, but I wonder if he saw her before she left. Wow, that was a dumb thought. If he didn't, he's gonna see her tonight. They live together. Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. Wonder how he'd feel about me having a male roommate.
He sure does look good, though.
"Hey, there you are babygirl. I came in here looking for you."
"That's funny, I went out to the festival looking for you."
"Is it me, or, or are you glowing?"
I look down and see a pinkish hue emanating from my body.
"Uh, I am. Do you like it?"
"It looks good on you. What'd you do?"
"I had some Sakura Tea. I was gonna bring a glass, but we can go back out and get you one if you like."
"No need for that. I think you're good energy is rubbing off on me."
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, you have quite an effect on me...even without the tea."
"Does anybody else have that effect on you?" I can't get that Zoe chic out of my head.
"No way! You're the only one that has my full attention."
"You sure about that?"
His eyes narrow with concern, "I'm positive. What's up with the questions though? Something going on I should know about?"
"Nah, just checking."
"Now it's my turn to ask, are YOU sure about that?"
"Yup."
I couldn't let some manipulative little girl get in my head and possibly ruin a good thing. I am just getting to know Jay. If there's anything I should be concerned about it will come to the light. Things always do.
Besides, he's really cute and gives me butterflies.
"So, uh, you want to go uh get to know each other better?"
I heard it this time. This was different from the first time he asked to go get to know each other better. And after the couple of drinks I had I'm ready to get to know this man much much better.
"You bet."
"REALLY?"
HA!! I wasn't expecting him to be so excited. At least, I didn't expect him to show his enthusiasm.
"Lead the way."
"Lucky for us there aren't a lot of people in here tonight. They must all be focused on the festival and finding love."
"What about us? Is that why we came to the festival?"
Jay turned to look at me and seemed like he was trying to read me. He chuckled.
"You almost had me there 'Kayla. Ha. We're here to have some fun."
There's that fun word again. Hmmm. Yeah I want to have fun, but I'm also looking for something a little more. Sounds like Jay isn't interested in anything serious. I get it. That's ok. At least I know what it is. Gotta give it to him for keeping it real with me.
So, we had some fun. Please DO NOT ask me why his legs are in the air like that. I didn't realize it at the time since I was focused on the softness of his lips and tongue. Gotta give him credit for engaging his abs. Maybe I need to step my fitness game up.
Yes that's my foot. All I can say is that things escalated quickly...and that bartender left his station once he realized what was happening.
"Sorry about that..."
"Let's not talk about it. What can I get you to drink?"
"A Ridgeport please."
"Sure."
Loud cackling, "Hahahaaaaah! I know you! That was you and your guy over on them sofas earlier wasn't it?"
"I don't know what you're talking about miss."
After we both went to the restroom to freshen up, Jay left. He has to get up early tomorrow. While I'm kinda glad to have finally woohoo'd, I'm a little embarrassed it was in public...although that dang tea had me eager to try it. I'm also a bit bothered that Jay was so quick to leave. Makes me think he is a hit it and quit it type. Hmph.
"Oh my Sim! Twice in one night. Isn't that funny 'Kayla?"
Oh brother. "Hi Zoe."
"Sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye earlier. I was pooped and needed to go home to rest."
"Unh hunh." Why is she talking to me? And why is she calling me by my nickname, she don't know me like that.
"Hey, you ok?"
"Yeah why?"
"Oh I don't know, call it intuition. You know how we women are. We pick up on vibes."
"Uh, ok. Well I'm not giving off vibes so maybe you're picking up on someone else."
"Look. I know it's none of my business, but..."
Oh here comes the B.S.
"You seem like a really nice person."
I looked her in the eye. I wasn't expecting that. "Uh thanks?"
"I mean it. You are SO not like all the other girls James usually hangs with."
ALL THE OTHER GIRLS? What the...?
"Oh my sim, the last one, ugh was she a talker. Talk talk talk talk talk. He HATED that. But you know what's funny? He'd never tell her that."
"Why not?" She may be getting on my nerves, but maybe I had some use for her. She seemed ready to spill some beans.
"He's a pretty nice guy, you know one of those good guy types. I mean don't get me wrong, he can be a love 'em and leave 'em type of guy but he's always nice to them."
"Unh hunh." Is she trying to tell me something?
"I tried to warn the girl to take it down a notch or ten, ya know? But she just wouldn't listen. Don't you hate that?"
"Unh hunh." Was she serious? How could she complain about anyone being a talker?
"Anywho, I probably shouldn't have shared that. It's not even really relevant or anything."
"I just, I mean, I just see that you are different than what Jay usually goes for. And that could be a really good thing for him, ya know?"
"You really seem to care about him."
"Oh I do. I care about all of the guys that live with us."
"Exactly how many people live with you all?"
"Oh it's me, Jay, Gavin and Mitchell. They're all really cool."
"Doesn't your man mind you living with so many dudes?"
"Oh, I don't have a boyfriend. I don't think I ever could. I'm what some might call a free spirit. A relationship would just tie me down. Some people are better suited for it though."
"I guess."
"Yeah, like Jay I mean, don't get me wrong, he likes you. He really likes you. He can't stop talking about you."
"He talks to you about me?"
"Me, Mitchell, Gavin, anybody who'll listen."
I knew this chic would be useful.
"Yeah, he's over the moon about you. That's kind of his M.O. he gets a little infatuated at first."
Womp womp womp...that didn't last long.
"But I mean, um I'm not saying that this won't be different. Ugh. I don't even know what I want to say."
That's obvious.
"It's just, you seem really nice and Jay is really nice. You two could be a really good couple."
"But?"
"Just don't get your hopes up ok? You know that saying don't expect anything? That's kind of the best way to deal with Jay. You never know what you're gonna get."
"Yeah? Um, thanks for that, I guess."
"Sure, we women have to stick together, right?"
"I gotta go Zoe."
"Ok, see you around soon."
Yeah I'm not gonna like this Bi%$#!
















































No comments:
Post a Comment