Saturday, January 20, 2018

Finally a Good Night

 My girl Supi and I have something in common....just like me, she's not a quitter. Do you know after only a few hours of sleep I got another call from her about some party going on at the local lounge? At the rate, I'm going with these sim men, I need every opportunity I can get to meet new ones. But I still have hope that Ramin will come around.
"Ohmysim Supi, they better have some fries or something in there. I'm starving!"
"How could you be hungry? It hasn't been that long since dinner."
"For who? Girl! I don't have a regularly scheduled dinner time."
"Sorry, I'm so used to everything being timed with two littles. Well I don't know the menu but there's bound to be some food at the bar."
 "Uh Supi, what exactly are you doing?"
"Ehhh, tryna ehhh get some ehhh reps in ehhh before I undo my diet."
Turns out I am rubbing off on this woman. She wouldn't normally exercise to save her life.
 Well this is interesting. Where the hell did Supi bring me to tonight? Is this weirdo night or what?
"Hey there beautiful."
"Hey." I'll just keep it moving.
 There is at least one potential at the bar, but my stomach is the boss right now.
"Bartender! Let me get an order of fish and chips please."
"Coming right up."

Oh wow, I don't know where he got that plate of hot food from. To be honest, I'm so hungry I don't even care. This food smells like heaven. Oh sim! I wish my stomach would pipe down.
 Sigh. I'm glad Supi is my friend, but there's a part of me that's jealous of how easy this is for her. She doesn't know ANY of these people yet she's over there holding her own. One day, I hope...
"Hi there pretty lady."
Oh brother. "Are you talking to me?" Why does this guy look like Gomez Addams?
"I most certainly am. You're the prettiest woman in here tonight."
"Oh. Why thank you Mr..."
"Call me Mortimer or Morty whichever you prefer. But please don't call me Mister. And you are?"
"Mikayla but my friends call me 'Kayla."
"Is that right Kayla? A very pretty name for a very pretty lady."
He is corny but he has a certain charm about him.
"You're quite the charmer aren't you?"
"Ah! Hahaha! You think so? My wife says the same thing."
 "Wife?! Really Mister Mortimer!"
"Wait! Where you going? We were just getting to know one another?"
Good riddance!
 Well at least the weirdo with the green hair put his top back on. Maybe it's not me and my awkwardness after all. Maybe it's this town. Maybe the men just suck! Yeah that could definitely be it!
 Maybe I should stop looking so hard. Sure I'm under "contract" for this Random Legacy, but I'm still young and new to town. Heh, maybe I'll just chill out and enjoy spending time with my girl Supi and getting to know all the hot spots.
 I'm loosening up a bit. The music's not so bad. Ha! And I'm even chatting it up with some of the locals. This ain't so bad after all.
Supi's enjoying herself as usual. I know I joked before about her being a bored stay at home mom, but really I sometimes wonder why she's hanging with me. Is she out here trying to live her best life through me because I'm actually single?
 Ya never know. It does happen...or so I've heard. I hope that's not it, because I'll be the first to tell her the grass ain't greener on this side of the fence.
 I've gotta stop doing that. Supi hangs with me because we get along and we're neighbors. Who knows what really goes on between her and her hubby and why he's NEVER out with her. I mean, I guess it makes sense that he has to stay home with the kids when she comes out with me. ALTHOUGH, they must have enough to afford a babysitter what with that big house of theirs and all.
 Aw c'mon girl! Snap out of it. Who cares?? It's none of my business. Supi doesn't pressure me...well not really. And she probably doesn't spend her time wondering why I'm still single. No...no more of this crazy talk. Time to get my sh$% together. It's a new day Mikalya Epps.
 Wait a minute, isn't that crazy guy from last night? What was it? Brian? Alright I can do this. Time to be a big girl Mikayla.
 "Uh Bartender. Can I have an Amaretto Sour?"
"Sure thing Miss."
Oh well that was anticlimatic. Guess he was drunk the other night. Besides in his line of work, he probably comes across hundreds of women.

 In my attempts to get to know the locals, turns out green hair here is one of the easier people to talk to. I figured what the heck, he seems like a free spirit. I can talk to him.
 Meh, the alcohol helped keep me awake because the most interesting thing about this fella is his hair. I can't even remember his name that's how boring he is.
 "So uh, you gonna drink that?"
"I don't know."
"Alright then."
 "You shouldn't miss it then."
"Probably not."
"You have a good night."
Like I said, he was a MAJOR bore.
 There was an available seat close to the dance floor but it was next to a tall, dark handsome type. This is as good a place as any to take a load off and maybe this time I'll watch my girl enjoy herself instead of trying to get to know him.
"Is this seat taken?"
"Um, now it is."
"Thanks."
 "Hey 'Kayla, you good girl?" Supi is such a mom....and a good friend.
"I'm good. Looks like you're feeling even better."
"The music in here is off the charts! I love it! I haven't heard some of these jams since high school."
I couldn't help but chuckle at my girl's "slang." She definitely doesn't get out much.
"That your friend, eh? Looks like she doesn't get out much."
"Ha! That's exactly what I was just thinking."
We both laugh.
"She looks like fun though."
I looked over into the warmest brown eyes I'd seen in a while. "She is. Even if she is married."
"You say that like marriage is the worst thing ever." His eyes smiled at me.
What is happening here?

"Oh no, I din't mean to sound like that. She seems to like married life."
"Yeah, well I hear good things about it."
Hmph that wasn't so subtle.
"You think it's something you'd ever do?" Hey since he skipped the subtleties why should I bother?
He shrugged his shoulders and eyed me up and down "Don't know. What about you?"

 "What are you two over there talking about? It better not be my dancing. It's been a while."
I spoke softly so Supi couldn't hear me, "Oh yeah, she's had one too many."
"You think? She's just having fun."
"Fun? You don't know my girl."
"Supriya Delgato? Yeah actually I do know her. Well we used to go to school together. All of us including her husband Justin."
 "So? What's your answer?"
"Huh?" I was lost in thought, a little, imagining this cutie as a teenager.
"Would you get married?"
"Oh. Well, if the right one came along, I'd consider it...I mean I guess."
"The right one huh? And what's the right one act like?"
"Uh, I don't know."
"Don't you know what you like?"
"Of course I do."
"So? Describe the right one."
"I don't even know your name."
"The name's J. J Huntington the Third."
"Jay? Like in the letter?"
"My name's Jameson actually, but no one calls me that except my mother."
"I like Jameson."
"Is that right? Guess that means I could be the one."
"Wha....?"
 I don't even know where to go with that one. All I can do is pay attention to Supi, who seems to be in another world. Or is it me? My head is swimming a bit. Was this cutie coming on to me?
Wait, wait where is he going.
 Hahahaha! Are you serious? Are these signs???
"You alright over there?"
"Oh yeah. It's good to keep the blood pumping. Gotta stay in shape ya know. For the ladies, or the one as you'd say."
This guy is messing with me, right?
 "You're kinda funny ya know?"
He jumped up, "Hoorah! Funny? Ya think so? Why?"
"You're over here messing with my mind."
"How so?"
 "Thought I was the only person who does sit ups and push ups in public."
"Oh no, you're not alone...not anymore that is."
"See there it is. You're messing with me."
"Never that. We're just talking."
 "'Sides, I've got to keep this physique right and tight. Wouldn't want you to overlook me. Gotta be in the running for being The One."
"Yeah, you're definitely funny."
 We've spent the better part of the night joking, chatting, laughing and now, now I think we're officially flirting. Of course, I can't be 100% sure cause there is a little hottie to my right. J has been talking to us and another girl on his right for some time now. But this little number is sitting directly in his eye range. Sometimes I can't tell if he's speaking directly to me or to her....or to both of us.
 I let him know how cute I think he is (thanks to those last couple of sours I've had) and he looked me directly in the eye as he flirted with me. Hmmmm, while I have no expectations, I can't lie. I'm excited.

 "What do you say we get out of here 'Kayla?"
"I can't leave my girl (although she had no problem leaving me the other night)."
"Oh I don't mean leave leave, but I'd like to talk to you without interruption."
BINGO! There it is, he is interested in me.

 "We can just hang out out front for a bit. Ya know, get to know one another better."
Could this be it?
"I guess so."

"Hey Supi, I'll be right out front." That girl was rocking and swaying to the music so hard I don't even know if she heard me. Far be it from me to ruin her good time.
 Call me a cynic, but when this handsome man asked me to go outside, I thought he just wanted to make out. Turns out he really just wanted to spend some time with me. Howdya like that?
 "To be honest, I don't know anything about astrology but I do sometimes see shapes in the night sky. Like there. What does that look like to you?"
"Uh, I'm not sure...if I had to guess I'd say a kite."
"It does doesn't it? The sky is so pretty at night here. When I was growing up, I saw lots and lots of smog. Heh I didn't even think it was possible to see real stars without squinting."
"Where'd you grow up?"
"Bridgeport. It was cool ya know? There was always something to do, but I always liked being outdoors in nature."
"I heard of Bridgeport, heard it's similar to our San Myshuno."
"Not really, but I guess it's the closest thing to Bridgeport."
 It was nice laying on the cool ground talking to Jay. Every now and then I sneak a look at his chiseled features. SIM he'd make a good looking groom.
"Are you listening to me? That one right there looks like a boat."
"There are no constellations that look like boats. You need glasses!"
 We had a really good time. Even after we were done stargazing I didn't want to end the conversation. Jay seemed just as reluctant to end our time together.

 So I answered his questions about Bridgeport. I was surprised he really cared. People usually ask to be nice but Jay was actually paying attention and asking follow up questions.
I'm not sure what it is, but I like the way he looks at me. He's had a goofy grin for most of our conversation but it was cute like him. I could tell he was interested.
Not to mention his sense of humor was on 10. He had a joke for just about everything. He was an encyclopedia of zippy one liners. And I loved it. My cheeks and sides ached from laughing so much and so hard.


 It helps that he knows how to take a joke too. Most comedians think they're the funniest people ever but Jay was generous with his laughter. He might have been gassing me a little but I don't mind.
 I don't remember how or when we moved closer to one another. It was like a magnet was pulling us closer together. I didn't mind that either. His cologne lingered and engulfed me. I'm pretty sure I'll be smelling him for days to come.
 "I really like this. You seem really cool Mikayla."
"I like to think so."
"You see that's what I'm talking about. You're witty and charming to boot. It helps that you're easy on the eyes too."
"Are you coming on to me Mr. Huntington?" I smiled wide.
 "That I am. I can't help it. You're pretty darn irresistible ya know."
"Irresistible? That's a first."
"Are you serious? You've never had a sim call you what you are?"
"You started the night asking me if you could be the one and here you are laying it on pretty thick. What do you really want Jay?" I know, I know, I said I wouldn't push. I'm supposed to just be getting to know my surroundings and the locals, and I am. But J just seemed to land in my lap. Can you blame me for testing the waters to see what this might possibly lead to?
 "What do I want?"
"That's my question." I smirked at him sort of expecting the worst.
"I want to have fun. I like to have fun, lots of it Kayla. And you seem like someone that also likes to have fun."
 "Call me crazy but I think we could have a lot of fun together."
"We've been having a nice night Jay and you already know how cute you are. You're right, I came to this lounge tonight to have fun."
"See, it was meant for you to meet me."
"For me to meet you? Is that right?" My fists resting on my hips.

 "Alright alright, I admit, you're a catch. I'm pretty lucky to have met you tonight."
"That sounds better."
"So what do you say?"
"About what?"
 "About you and me having some fun." Was that lust in his eyes and his voice?
Whoa there buddy slow down.
 "'Kayla you ready? Cause I'm definitely ready!"
I wasn't but I learned my lesson last night, when Supi was ret to go she wouldn't wait long.
"You're such a creep Jay." I laughed off his last comment. I mean how else was I supposed to react? Here's this hot guy, the first guy I'm attracted to really paying me any attention. I didn't want to completely blow him off.

 "Hey J, didn't realize that was you earlier." Supi was still walking off as the words left her mouth.
"Hey Supriya." Jay waved at her. "So what do you say? Can I call you some time? Or will you call me some time?"

I couldn't help but laugh, that was the cheesiest thing he'd said all night. "Is that the best you got?" I grabbed my belly and whooped a little.
I saw a hint of disappointment flash across his face at first but then he started chuckling.

"You got me. That was kinda cheesy." There he goes saying what I'm thinking again. Can he read minds, or what?
"I'm sorry. It was sweet." I didn't want to put him off.
He swiped at a tear from his laughter. "It's cool. I have my off moments ya know. When a really pretty girl is in my presence I can get thrown off of suave mode. So what say you?"
"Why don't you give me a call?" I held my hand out for his phone, which he gave me without hesitation. I typed my number into it.
"Promise you'll use it."
"Oh you better believe I will."

I was taken aback at first when he reached for me and pulled me in to him. I'll never forget his scent. And oh my, I can feel the imprint of his chest and six pack through his clothes. Behave Kayla, behave.
"I hope to hear from you soon Jay."
"You will, now catch up with ya girl. She looks like she's halfway home."
"Nite."
 "Supi, wait up a minute."
She turned and flagged me on.
 Is he back there doing more push ups?
YES! Now that was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment