"Anyway, Supi called and asked if I wanted to check out a new bar in Windenburg. They had a Knight themed event going on and she thought it might be a good place for me to meet potential suitors. It was Supi's friend who dared me to take on the Random Legacy Challenge. I agreed, heck there was no way I'd be meeting any men at home."
"This should be a lot of fun, don't you think?" This girl needed to get out more if she was so excited about seeing people walking around in loud a$$ metal body armor.
"We'll see."
"Oh come on 'Kayla, how bad can it be?"
"I'm sure we're gonna find out."
"When I walked in, the bar was almost full with customers and I was glad to see not all of them were in costumes. How was I supposed to know if the guys were cute if they had their armor covering their faces? I mean, I couldn't even see their eyes. What if they were one-eyed Willies? No way I'd have 5 kids with a one-eyed Willie."
"As I approached the bar, I could hear sims talking to one another and imagine my disappointment when I realized there were women dressed as Knights too. What in all Sim is that about?! Since when were women knights? Look, don't get me wrong, I'm all for Women's Lib and everything, but this won't help my cause at all.
Hmm, he isn't bad looking. That goatee is actually working for him."
"Hey Sally Mae, let me get a Ridgeport." (I don't know ole girl's name, but Sally Mae seemed to fit.) Is he checking me out? Alright, we may be working with something here.
"I don't know what I expected, but this Ridgeport tastes more like a Newport. But I'm not one to waste good alcohol."
"The music's pretty good, right?" I know Supi was trying to feel me out.
"It is."
"You wanna dance?"
"Aren't you a married woman Supi?" I laughed out loud at that one. Sometimes I crack myself up.
"Really 'Kayla? Nothing wrong with two women dancing, right sir?"
The handsome guy looked from Supi to me and his gaze lingered on me for a moment, "I think it's quite sexy when women dance together. But it might be sexier if we danced together." He raised his eyebrow before motioning for Sally Mae to top off his drink.
"Oh come on, even you have to admit that was corny." I laughed. By the look on Supi's face she was embarrassed by my comment.
"'Kayla!" And by how quick ole boy got up and moved away, I guess he was embarrassed too.
"Ah, who cares. He wasn't my Prince Charming anyway." "Boy I wonder how much alcohol is actually in this thing." I swirled the ice around before taking a gulp.
"Mikayla, you ever heard the one that says 'you catch more flies with honey?'"
"Meh, I'm not looking for any flies. Oh gosh is he coming back this way?"
"Before I could get a good one liner out, this fool starts cackling loudly, right in my ear." Are you serious?
"Oh boy." Supi slapped her hand to her forehead.
"Uh, what's so funny Mister?"
"Mister? Oh no sweetheart, you can call me Bryan. And I just find it funny that you almost let me get away."
"Oh brother." I could hear Supi sighing loudly from her seat.
"Is that so? MISTER?" I wanted to make my point loud and clear.
"Like I said baby, you can call me Bryan."
"Yeah well Mister, like I said and you might have heard me when you were on your way over here, I'm not looking to catch any flies so yeah, you can go back to where you came from." I heard his breath catch in his throat. He wasn't expecting that one. I don't know if it was the alcohol, the other people dressed in costumes or what gave him the courage to approach me with his lame lines. One thing was sure, he got my message. He skulked away.
I eased my way down the bar closer to Supi, "Girl if this is what the dating scene is like I'll pass."
"In the defense of all other guys....he was just weird."
"Really? What gave it away?"
"I actually think he's either evil or insane with a laugh like that."
"Could you imagine 5 little hims running around? No thank you."
I could see Supi using her eyes and gesturing, not so subtly, with her head for me to turn.
Out of the corner of my eye, I realized that Sally Mae had been replaced with a suave looking bartender. "Well hello there, uh..." I leaned forward to see his name tag."Ramin, Ramin Hawkins, and you are?"
"Mikayla Epps, it's a pleasure to meet you Raymond."
"Uh it's Ramin...you know without the d at the end."
"Oh my bad." I batted my eyelashes as hard as I could without them falling off.
"Are you from around here Ramin?" I tried my best to flirt.
"Uh, no. I live in San Myshuno, actually."
"San Myshuno! Wow, I've always wanted to go there. Tell me all about it."
I felt a kick to my shin. "Slow down there tiger." Supi muttered through clenched teeth.
"What?! I'm just trying to get to know the man. No harm in that is there? Right Raymond? There's no harm in us getting to know one another is there?"
"Can I get you a drink?" He asked sounding all professional.
"See Supi, Raymond and I are just conversing. He's gonna tell me all about the City and I'm gonna tell him how I like my drink. Isn't that right Raymond?"
"It's Ramin Miss." "Uh excuse me what would you like sir?"
If I had pearls I would've clutched them. Did he just snub me? He didn't even take my drink order.
I saw Supi's face fall. I excused myself and went to the restroom.
I really did have to use the facilities, but it also gave me a minute to regroup. 'What the heck? Is it really so hard to meet a man? I mean, what is the problem? I'm cute, right? I have a job. I own my own home. I'm trim and toned. I'm smart. I'm witty. What else do I need to snag a man? And quick."
"Maybe I need to rethink my strategy."
When I came out of the restroom Supi was chatting it up with a Knight. Yeah, Supi who already has a man and 2 kids was out here doing better than me. 'Let's try this again.'
"So Raymond, you been working here long?"
"Off and on for a couple of years."
"Oh really? Why off and on?"
"Cause my boss is a real jerk and has a bad habit of not paying the bills on time."
"Tonight's a good night. The water and electricity are both working. So there's that."
"Ah ha." Not sure where I'm supposed to go with this one.
"You uh, you like the night life huh? Bet you get to meet a lot of pretty ladies...am I right Raymond?"
"Look lady, for the last time, my name is Ramin not RAYMOND. If you can't get it right don't even bother saying it."
"Oh, sorry sir." Talk about a blow to my ego.
"Don't sweat it. Now, do you want something else to drink?"
"Yeah amaretto sour please." I suck at this picking up guys thing.
I could feel Supi's eyes on me and I didn't even want to look her way. I don't need pity right now.
So I didn't look at Supi. Instead I chugged the drink ole boy made me. It was pretty good.
Maybe the bar scene isn't the best place to try and meet a mate.
Eh, who was I fooling, socializing isn't my strong point. It's like I'm one of two extremes, either I'm quiet and act too shy for anyone to try to approach me or I'm Ms. Outgoing and scare people off. I'm not entirely sure why Supi still hangs out with me. The only thing I can make of it is she's a lonely housewife, who doesn't have many friends herself. I bobbed my head to the music and let the alcohol relax my body.
I mean look at her. Ok maybe she isn't the best looking right now. Although I think she'd be super cute if she did her hair and make up and got rid of the mommy clothes every once and a while. Who am I to talk, if I ever get a man to talk to me...not a crazy or evil man....I'll be lucky to be in mom clothes on a Tuesday night at the bar with my girl too. I probably need to take pointers from her. She's been talking to people almost non stop since we got here. Socializing seems to come so easily to her.
"Earth to 'Kayla! You alright over there girl?"
"Oh yeah, just enjoying the music and the drinks." I swayed a little more in my seat and Supi went back to her convo.
Maybe that's it. Maybe I could help Supi with her look and she could help me with my social skills. Maybe it's not too late to make an impression with Mr. RAMIN over there. I see him peeking over at me every couple of minutes between making drinks.
I hopped off the barstool to do a couple push ups. Not only did exercise of any sort give me a boost of adrenaline, but it made me feel confident. Maybe Ramin just needed to get to know me, ya know, without my yap yapping away. Maybe he's into fitness too. If so, he's gotta be impressed with how many push ups I just did. I'm not even sweating yet.
When I got back up, BAM, I caught his eye. Oh yeah, he notices ya girl! I still got it. I rocked to the beat moving my hips a little. If he was gonna stare (hell he wasn't the only one, what's the matter with people, have they never seen a woman do push ups in the middle of a bar after consuming a little too much bubbly?) might as well put on a show.
"Yoohoo Ramin!" I said in my best sing songy, sweetest voice I could muster. "Could I have another Sour love?"
"Uh sure. But uh, I think this has to be the last."
"Last? Why would it be the last?"
"You've had quite a few."
"Kayla maybe that's enough." I heard Supi's mother tone before I saw the stern look on her face. Was she judging me? She was the one who brought me out to this crappy Knight themed bar.
"Uh maybe it's not."
"If the lady wants a drink, let her drink." I heard a baritone voice echoing and looked around. The Knight sitting beside Supi was standing up for me.
"Thank you kind sir." I joked.
"Not a problem my dear. It isn't often we get to get out and have a good time, right?"
"Exactly my point. Especially not me. Supi you know that."
The Knight and I continued our slurred conversation over a couple more drinks.
I'm not sure when exactly it happened but Ramin stopped acknowledging me altogether. So I thought it wise to sip what seemed to be my last drink of the night. At some point, I saw Supi get up.
"Alright Kayla, time to go."
"What? Why?"
"Because I have children to get up and get ready for school and pre k in a few hours."
"Oh you're a party pooper Supi. Yeah you're a Super Pooper." I cracked up at my own joke.
"Goodnight Kayla."
Is that heffa really gonna leave me here? What happened to we came together we leave together?
"Don't you worry babygirl, I've got you. You and me, we're gonna have a good Knighty Knight."
Ok this guy is officially creeping me out. Maybe Supi had the right idea.
"Uh no thanks Mister." I took my drink to the head. "It's time for me to call it a night."
"Hi there beautiful." A tall blond haired stranger approached me just as I was getting up to leave. I eyed him, but he wasn't my type. I watched Ramin hard one last time until I caught his eye. "Goodnight Ramin. See you around?"
"Night Miss. Maybe."
"Oh yeah, he wants me. Hehehe."






































No comments:
Post a Comment